AifiaProjects > Local Groups
The Local Groups initiative is lead by [Jason Pryslak].
Problem Statement: The quality of an IA's life and practice go up tremendously when IA culture gains a foothold at work, or when there's a regular meeting of IA minds to look forward to each month. Bringing about IA-friendly environments can be tough, but the rewards for self and others are great, and IA culture can be fostered by applying skills and practices that can be learned and shared.
Therefore the IA Institute is improving its Local Groups initiative to achieve a number of short-term and long-term goals.
Goal (Short-term): By the end of 2007, improve the IAI infrastructure supporting local groups in ways that:
- Raise the profile of building local IA groups and IA culture at work
- Capture practices and success stories
- Recognize leadership across the world in building local IA community
- Generate and promote opportunities to learn and coach the principles of building community
Strategy/Logistics: [Brainstorm these]
- Improve the Local Groups area of the IAI website to highlight local groups activities
- Offer space on the iainstitute domain to local groups, as needed
- Link to other local groups websites
- Interviews, articles
- Promotion of local group activities and elevation of regional events to high status
Relationship to IAI Goals: Supporting a global community infrastructure; connecting people, ideas, content, and tools; and supporting the growth of information architecture professionals through education.
Definitions and notes:
- "Local Groups" also includes regional groups
- Does "bringing IA to work" also fall under this initiative? (I think it does)