[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
The Senior Designer plays a key role in creating the design and user experience of various web-based applications, software and business systems. Senior Designers must have the ability to collaborate with fellow team members. They are expected to seek understanding of every client’s target audiences, users’ behaviors, needs and expectations, and incorporate them into a comprehensive solution that addresses business goals.
Technical Skills and Responsibilities
• Prepare client-ready design deliverables including presentations of artifacts
• Conduct all project work including the design and production of:
o Workflows (user’s pathways through an environment)
o Product maps (high-level information architecture)
o Wireframes (screen schematics reflecting the details of the information architecture)
o Data visualization diagramming (distilling complex information into visuals)
o Aesthetics (full color screen simulations, complete with typefaces, colors, state changes and other interaction patterns)
o UI specifications (screen layout, system responses, interaction patterns, accessibility guidelines, and technology considerations)
• Display proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Exhibit strong ability to identify and communicate a client’s “story”
• Show knowledge and appreciation for data visualization and its impact on business decisions
• Demonstrate familiarity with rapid prototyping tools
• Exhibit exceptional craftsmanship and attention to detail
• Possess excellent layout and typography skills
Consulting Skills and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate excellent time management skills including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects
• Follow all established design and consulting team procedures, and assist with the development of new procedures
• Effectively build professional relationships with colleagues and clients
• Informally mentor less experienced consultants, contributing to the ongoing growth of the team
• Contribute creative ideas to further the project work and direction of client projects
• Contribute to and help foster a climate where alternative ideas and approaches are encouraged
• Demonstrate flexibility in response to changing work requirements and situations
• Minimum of 3 years of experience creating intuitive workflow-driven solutions (user interface design for websites, mobile devices, business systems, and other applications), with a portfolio of work that demonstrates the level of experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for user experience and an advocate for the user
• Knowledge of data visualization; previous experience a plus
• BFA or BS degree in design or significant experience working in a design field
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume, along with an online presentation of work in your design discipline to HR@ElectronicInk.com.