[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
User Experience Director
Cleveland, OH, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
User Experience Director
We are looking for an Experience Director to join our creative team. The Experience Director leads our experience design team and the understanding of how to conceive, structure, and develop user experience strategies and specifications for online, offline and cross-channel marketing programs. In doing so, the Experience Director provides strategic leadership in the application and advocacy of user-centered design methodologies to ensure relevancy (i.e. use) and usability of websites and interactive applications.
• Responsible for supporting and managing the user experience execution in the following areas of the business:
• Stakeholder interviews to determine business/site objectives
• User interviews to assess needs and analyze task flows
• Heuristic site evaluations and competitive site audits; usability research lead (leads and/or coordinates moderations)
• Information design and navigation flows for web sites
• Leads and/or coordinates use and usability testing
• Information architecture documents including content matrices and taxonomies, user personas, experience scenarios/maps, site maps, wireframes, flow diagrams and functional specifications
• Design optimization recommendations based on user research, segmentation insights, information architecture principles and program data and analysis
• Responsible for the overall performance management and career mentoring of the user experience staff including developing accountabilities, promotion criteria and training curricula as well as conducting annual reviews and recommending hiring/firing, reward/compensation and growth/development plans.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving the user experience process from strategy through implementation. This includes driving the experience strategy and deliverables, standard deliverable templates and best practices as well as ensuring integration with other key departments. Includes the following:
• Provide key insights into consumer needs relative to the online channel and usage (in tandem with the segmentation research) that inform our program, experience and information architectures
• Work closely with Account Leads, Strategic Consulting, and Technology personnel to architect and validate the appropriate brand and relationship experience using key brand, marketplace and customer insights
• Oversee use and usability deliverable review and overall quality assurance and ensure that the department (including self) and all associated staff deliver exceptional client service
• Represents ’s user experience expertise on New Business pitches and in annual Account Planning cycles
The Experience Director is an important strategic, tactical and managerial role in our agency. As such, the Experience Director should be fluent in integrated experiential principles and how they relate, leverage and inform the overall Marketing Strategy, Creative, Content, and Technology approaches. The Experience Director should be highly competent in integrating the user experience strategies and deliverables with those from the above disciplines both internally and for our clients. Moreover, the Experience Director will work closely with specific internal Account leaders to facilitate the servicing and growth of our accounts. As the primary representative of this department and external face to our clients, he/she must be able to conduct these duties with comfort, authority, professionalism and strong leadership.
Required Skills and Experience:
• The Experience Director has greater than six (6) years experience in user-centered design and professional services (i.e. agency or similar work). They have developed their skills over their career in Usability and Architecture, in increasing roles of responsibility and management including Information Architect, Experience Architect or Program Architect.
• He/she should have three (3) or more years in managing user experience resources and department operations
• Strong portfolio of user-centered design best practices and knowledge that led to an end-product that directly fulfilled the customers’ and client’s goals
• Health care, financial services, consumer products & retail, and digital media experience a plus, but not required.
• Macintosh and PC platforms, industry standard design and development tools skills required including but not limited to Microsoft Visio or Adobe Creative Suite.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
• Mastery of user interface design concepts, UI standards and web-conventions with minimum of six (6) years of experience in web design.
• Strong experience with task analysis, workshop facilitation, and usability testing.
• Facility with prototyping tools (i.e., Visio) and picture editors.
How to apply
Please send resume and samples to Kristi.firstname.lastname@example.org.