[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
ByteManagers is the world's leading provider of quality data solutions that transform disparate and "dirty" data into usable and valuable information. At ByteManagers, we love what we do. We’re passionate about the impact we make on our clients' businesses through the execution of world class product data initiatives.
BMI is seeking an information architect to join our data team in analyzing, modeling and optimizing large volumes of product data across a broad array of industrial products. The information architect will consult with clients to advance business objectives and execute data-intensive projects to the highest standards of quality. The data department is responsible for creating data models, optimizing data for search and building and enriching product data. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and agile person looking to grow and learn.
• Skilled in building taxonomy/hierarchy/categorization
• Strong knowledge of product data and how to drive effective on-site and off-site search
• Experienced in building controlled vocabularies and creating keywords
• Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills
• Keen editorial skills and attention to detail
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to make the complex succinct and simple; clarity of thought extremely valued
• Client-facing and personable
• Self-starter, independent thinker
• Knowledge of product information management (PIM) systems, master data management (MDM) systems or Endeca preferred
• Experience in industrial supplies or electronic components a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, map and refine data models for complex product lines
• Define site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site
• Pinpoint terminology, attributes and categorization structures critical to product definition and retrieval in search
• Analyze and advance industry trends in classification, faceted search and data modeling
• Review and refine existing taxonomies and parametric search schemas
• Create new taxonomies and parametric search schemas
• Optimize data models to drive search and PIM/MDM optimization
• Consult and build consensus with the client on data proposals and solutions
Keywords: Database, PIM, Stibo, Pindar, Agility, product data, taxonomy, attributes, schema, information architecture, wireframes, faceted search, parametric search, guided navigation, data mapping, data architecture,
data structure, data modeling, keyword search, controlled vocabulary, Endeca, search engine, content management, content strategist, interaction design, user experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in an analytic, data-focused field. Master’s degree preferred. Fields of focus include: library and information sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, linguistics and related fields.
• Two to three years of work experience
• Experience involving techniques in handling large, complex data
• Experience in gathering user data, interpreting results and translating results into solutions
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with a resume. Thank you.