[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Take responsibility and drive product usability through the whole lifecycle, from early definition and analysis, to customer implementation.
2. Work with project teams to identify and define interaction and usability requirements for the user experience; and, working with business clients to ensure that the user interface meets the clients’ requirements during all phases of the project.
3. Take a leadership role in guiding the teams in the development of world class user focused applications.
4. Work directly with developers, customers, stakeholders and users to develop strategies and specifications to create/improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of applications.
5. Analyze project’s needs and ensure the performance of the relevant user research activities (e.g. writing research and test protocols and questionnaires, conducting primary user research, user profiling, web analytics, and usability testing) that will result in consistent user interface designs for internal customer applications and websites that meet business requirements – striking a balance between creative design and analytical thinking.
6. Experience in planning and estimating user experience work.
7. Create Site Maps, Navigation Models, Personas, Flow Diagrams, Taxonomy Definitions, Wireframes and Competitive Research.
8. Strong understanding of UX best practices, trends and design patterns for web-based and native mobile applications.
9. Educate project teams on core usability principles.
10. Investigate, evaluate and recommend new and emerging usability techniques, technologies, and methodology process improvements.
11. Provide long term strategic direction for the user research team.
12. Build operating models and research plans that maximize research impacts in the design process to deliver the best user experience possible.
Qualifications & Experience
1. 8+ years of experience focused on scoping, planning and facilitating a range of user research and interaction design techniques including formative and summative usability testing, heuristic evaluation, low-mid fidelity prototyping, comparative testing, focus groups, user interviews, contextual inquiry, design session, facilitation, task analysis, conceptual design and surveys..
2. Experience of user-centered design techniques including user research.
3. Strong skills in learning and understanding complex business technologies.
4. Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
5. Detail-oriented, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment.
6. Proficiency with relevant software tools (For example Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, Axure, Balsamiq)
7. Experience working in an Agile environment.
8. Works to eliminate functional "silos" and other barriers that would stand in the way of producing effective results.
9. Expresses facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
10. Excellent English skills in oral and written communication and presentation.
How to apply
Please send your resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of your email as "UX Specialist – Minneapolis, MN"