[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Itasca, IL, USA
Full-time, contract position.
Contract length: 3-6 months
This Digital Designer will initially focus on the APAC market, specializing in Japan. Experience creating designs across languages, currencies, and cultures is required. An understanding of travel, languages, culture, and localization with respect to the Japanese market is strongly preferred.
The person in this role is knowledgeable on capabilities of the modern web for mobile devices and laptops: responsive design, HTML5, CSS3, and AJAX. She or he understands the importance of the user interface within the context of a broader designed experience.
This designer will work alongside our Experience Architects, ensuring that our designs are usable, testable, and meet the needs of our products and brands. This person will also work collaboratively with developers and product owners in an Agile environment.
The Digital Designer reports to the Manager of User Experience.
* Design and prototype web-based user interfaces for our products in order to meet global experiential goals, product goals, business goals, brand requirements, and visual design standards;
* Participate in design workshops and charrettes, representing the needs of users, brand, and visual design;
* Influence overall UI architecture direction via establishment of coding standards and adoption of best practices;
* Define and create appropriate deliverables to convey the visual and UI design direction.
* 3-5 years in a digital design role with an international focus (visual designer, UI engineer, UI designer, UX designer);
* Ability to gather, sketch, and refine feature ideas from inception to execution;
* Knowledge of an image editing tool such as Acorn, Pixelmator, or Photoshop.
How to apply
Send resume, portfolio, and cover letter to Paul McAleer - email@example.com.
Please use this subject line: