[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Principal of Research
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
About Electronic Ink
Electronic Ink is an international business system design consultancy dedicated to improving the way people interact with technology, environments and one another.
With a global interdisciplinary team of researchers, designers and technologists, Electronic Ink is retained by some of the best-known organizations in the world to solve their most challenging and complex issues. Using a unique process that combines research and design, we create systems, software and experiences that balance business objectives with human contexts. In collaboration with our clients, we join analytical and creative thought to produce innovative solutions and transformative results.
Electronic Ink’s employees are a diverse group from various design fields, psychology, anthropology and technology. We are thoughtful, creative leaders who are continually pushing the limits of our own and our client’s expectations. The people at Electronic Ink constitute the value and competitive edge of the company. We are looking for candidates that can contribute to the innovative spirit of the company and are interested in changing the way business systems function.
The principal of research is responsible for conducting research on business and user needs and applying research findings within the design process.
• Enforcing research team standards and mentoring less experienced researchers
• Conducting requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, contextual inquiries, user interviews and workshops
• Conducting competitive and heuristic usability assessments
• Conducting usability and eye tracking tests in lab or at client sites
• Analyzing data, creating reports and delivering findings to clients and internal stakeholders
• Setting research direction for Electronic Ink
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in design research, including user research and testing
• Meaningful experience working in a consulting environment
• Strong leadership and strategic skills to guide clients and mentor team members
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects
• Passion for user experience and an advocate for the user
• Travel, as needed
• Master’s or doctorate (or equivalent experience) in human computer interaction, information science, information systems, communication, experimental psychology, human factors, anthropology, design, business analytics or a related field
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ElectronicInk.com.
No agency responses please.