[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Senior Information Architect
San Bruno, CA, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
When you found out LEGO® box you got was missing a piece, you didn't give up. Instead, you redesigned the set to work around the problem and wound up creating something even better. You solve problems because it's second nature, and your solutions effortlessly blend into a larger blueprint that makes up a cohesive design philosophy.
Most importantly, when you look at Walmart.com, you see 12 easy ways we could restructure our navigation, checkout flow, or page elements to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you aren't afraid to tell us about it.
Skills You’ll Have:
• The ability to create process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
• Familiarity with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• A strong sense of time management, deadlines, and the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Experience with client services and negotiating business decisions.
• Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Exceptional presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You want feedback from everyone, but know when to allow that opinion to influence and when to just thank the contributor for their comments.
Position Description Position Description
• Supports continuous improvement of user experience tools, documentation, and process by maintaining a comprehensive viewpoint when tackling project decisions; defining solutions frameworks from a scalable and global viewpoint; contributing to the evolution of site standards; collecting feedback and industry research standards; and providing recommendations.
• Supports User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
• Leads long-term, initiative-level cross-functional User Experience team projects by establishing and communicating project needs and measures of success; directing cross-functional collaboration activities; driving the attainment of project goals; creating customer experiences; advocating for the customer in the experience workflow; informing and influencing the product roadmap; negotiating with senior partners in Engineering and Product Management on tradeoffs and roadmap implications; requesting and attending usability sessions; participating in brainstorming sessions; and presenting user experience flow and project decisions to all levels of leadership.
• Mentors Associate Architects and Architects in day-to-day User Experience IA methodology and principles by providing guidance on project-based design tasks; and creating educational modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
• Manages User Experience architecture, prototyping, and specification writing by proposing and leading project definition activities; working with other project team members to define methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to
project and business teams for review; working with Engineering leads to determine efficacy of given solution; producing detailed wireframe documentation and other specifications required to implement design; working with Product Manager and team to define documentation scope; reviewing project product requirements document (PRD) to ensure correct translation of design; and providing quality assurance (QA) feedback to and consultation with HTML, Engineering, and PM teams prior to launch.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in information architecture and interaction design and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design discipline or related field and 4 year experience i n user experience design or related field OR 5 years experience in User Experience design or related field.
• 2 years experience in eCommerce, software, web design or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
• 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
• 2 years experience designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies such as AJAX, Ruby on Rails, or related skill.
How to apply
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org