[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Front End Web Developer
West Chester, PA, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
How would you like your work to be viewed by 6 million unique visitors each month? QVC's award winning website is the preferred retail destination for savvy customers looking for a first-rate shopping experience. Put your web skills to use as a Front End Web Developer on a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging team in QVC's Interactive Department at our Studio Park location. You will be accountable for technical vision and operational decisions related to front end functional development, interactive promotions, video on web, and related mobile browsing experience. Responsible for related technical design, development, and technical project management. The developer will work closely with IT, UI, Design, and project teams to develop infrastructure, tools, and support for developing new functionality and interactive experiences on web sites and other channels. You will be responsible for staying current with relevant and emerging technologies for web, mobile on web, online video, and multimedia. Regular research of other web sites to stay abreast of unique and creative approaches to web, mobile user interface, and industry technology will also be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage interactive web technical projects and provide daily operational support
Work closely with IT to ensure success deployment of all projects
Research, evaluate, and recommend technology and process solutions based on existing business requirements and future directions
Review competing products and recommend solutions that will help differentiate QVC’s website from the competition
Work with BA and UI teams to help develop business and functional requirements, wireframes and storyboards
Qualifications & Requirements
Education: BS degree required. Degree in Multimedia, Computer Science, Information Architecture or Design, Human Factors, Information Systems, or related degree.
Experience: 5+ years with Internet Technology, web page development, UI and functional analysis
Experience: 3+ years with Mobile development and Project Management
Web/Graphic Design experience as well as Java, JSP experience a plus
• Must have a strong passion for web and emerging technologies
• Must possess strong technical, business and design sense
• Must be detail orientated and customer focused
• Must have excellent time management and research skills
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, multidiscipline environment, the ability to work well with a team, ability to manage multiple time sensitive priorities, and good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to hand-author XHTML, and CSS to W3C standards
• Advanced knowledge of multimedia including streaming video, video players, codecs, video encoding, and mobile browsing on web
• Demonstrable understanding of user-centered design principles
• Knowledge of user interface design, usability, information architecture, wireframes, navigational flow diagrams, storyboarding, and human factors
How to apply
Please visit www.qvc.com/careers and search Job ID 13719 and apply directly online.