[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
User Experience Designer / IA
Keymind, A Division of Axiom Resource Management, Inc.
Falls Church, VA, USA
Full-time, permanent position.
Keymind, a Division of Axiom Resource Management, Inc., is a professional consulting and development firm based in Northern Virginia. Our projects cover a broad spectrum, from custom Web and application development to standard graphic support, for a wide range of customers.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a user experience professional that is dedicated to finding solutions that merge business goals with user needs! Collaborating with the team and the client, the User Experience Architect will analyze and document customer business requirements and application objectives, and will formulate, model, and test the user experience of innovative, dynamic Web-based applications and Web sites. Working throughout the lifecycle, the User Experience Architect will have a hands-on role to ensure the successful development of a usable, effective solution that meets the business goals.
A successful User Experience Architect at Keymind:
• Has extensive experience organizing information, restructuring workflows and formulating robust solutions to articulate complex business processes.
• Is able to proactively communicate and collaborate with technical management, production staff, database administrators, and a team of application developers to understand the technical approach and identify/resolve conflict between usability and performance needs.
• Be comfortable coordinating and leading requirements sessions among technical and business staff.
• Has experience in requirements gathering, documentation, and analysis using a variety of tools and techniques including: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Innately and passionately understands user-centered design and usability best-practices.
• Tirelessly researches latest trends, methods and tools used in the industry.
• Conceptualizes and documents solutions through clear, interactive prototypes, wireframes, workflow diagrams, sitemaps, personas and/or use-case scenarios.
• Expertly presents recommendations on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of project scope and schedule.
• Has a comprehensive understanding of various Web technologies, both front-end and back-end, and Section 508 guidelines to ensure solutions are technically feasible and accessible.
• Is an expert in utilizing HTML, CSS, Creative Suite, and/or Axure to create deliverables.
• Is detail-oriented with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Has the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
• Thrives in a collaborative, team environment, but is just as comfortable working independently.
Position requirements include:
• A minimum of 5 years related experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Experience and/or familiarity with agile development is a plus.
• Must be prepared to submit resume and URLs and/or work product samples prior to interview. Please include details of your responsibilities and accomplishments for each of the samples provided.
How to apply
Send resume, salary requirements, and work product samples to:
Keymind, Division of Axiom
5111 Leesburg Pike #703
Falls Church, VA 22041
No phone calls please