[view jobs from the last two weeks]
Hiring Managers: Use our online Job Posting Form to post your job announcements to our board. Postings are free and are emailed weekly to a registered list of IAI members, including some of the most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
Job Seekers: Be sure to subscribe to the Job Board Mailing List to receive weekly announcements of new job postings.
Redmond , WA, USA
Full-time, contract position.
Contract length: 6 months
In need of a Motion Capture Lab Moderator to prepare and facilitate daily recording sessions that collect data from human subjects. A strong understanding of human subject research and strong customer relations skills are essential to this position. Knowledge of video games is highly desirable. This position is filled through contract (or “temp”) agencies. Motion Capture Lab Moderators are employees of their respective contract agencies, not Microsoft.
1. Identify and schedule participants to be captured in the motion capture lab
2. Prepare, distribute, and collect printed forms and other materials used by motion capture lab participants (including legal documents such as nondisclosure agreements).
3. Prepare lab equipment, including computers and motion capture equipment.
4. Meet groups of participants, and escort them into and out of the lab. Some of the work with be composed on site at Microsoft, some will be in participants homes.
5. Recruit internal applicants for playtest sessions
6. Facilitate motion capture sessions, which involves:
a. Providing explicit directions to the participants
b. Interacting appropriately with participants and ensuring they follow the directed tasks
c. Solving technical and research problems “on-the-fly” with little or no direction
d. Performing data entry about details of the recording sessions
1. Hours typically extend through the full day during the week. Typical shift times are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
2. The contract will last approximately 3-4 months as an A-, then move into a contract working for TEKsystems managed services indefinitely (no 100 day break required)
1. Strong working knowledge of human subjects research
2. Strong customer relations skills
3. Effective communications skills
4. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet, e-mail, and word processing software
5. Works effectively without direct supervision
6. Ability to change direction in response to changing work situations
1. Passion for video games
2. Has experience working in a psychology research lab
3. Has experience setting up and troubleshooting computer and video game hardware
The motion capture hardware with which the moderator will be working produces an electromagnetic field that may affect pacemakers. Candidates that use pacemakers are advised to consult a physician before applying for this position.
How to apply
Please contact me at email@example.com
Position is moving quickly! They would like to interview soon.