"The IA Institute enables me to interact with colleagues from around the world, and to contribute back to the IA community."
Who: Jorge Arango
Company: BootStudio, Panama City, Panama
Most recent IA project: Usability testing of an online banking application for a leading Panamanian bank, Banco General, to improve user experience for the bank's customers.
Working on: Local Groups Initiative
Learn more about me at:http://www.jarango.com
Who are IAI's volunteers? You!
The IA Institute's initiatives, projects and programs are all contributions of a hard-working, multinational group of members. Volunteers create, maintain, renew and drive initiatives such as the job board, discussion list, mentoring, translations, local groups, networking, and many, many more. Members like you establish our website design, structure and features.
We are always looking for volunteers to lead and participate in community initiatives and management of the organization. To support new initiatives, the Institute offers project leaders the following infrastructure:
- Web space, wiki space, discussion list setup, and technical support
- Public relations volunteers who will publicize your initiative
- A volunteer coordinator who can help you find people with specific skills to help you develop your initiative
- Access to our member database to find volunteers to help you with your initiative
- A non-profit corporation (501c6) that addresses any legal and financial issues and ensures communal ownership of intellectual property
- A board of directors, advisory board, and technical and project managers to review your proposed initiative, check in with you periodically, and provide technical, logistical, financial, and emotional support
There are many ways to get involved at the IA Institute. Contact volunteer @iainstitute.org to find your fit.
This page was last modified on November 18, 2013 11:13 PM.